Bed Bug Services
BED BUG INSPECTION SERVICES
When performing inspections for individuals who think they have bed bugs but are not sure.
We ask several questions to determine two things:
- Are the symptoms that prompted a call to have an inspection consistent with bed bugs? Many people experiencing “bites,” think they have bed bugs when, in fact, they are being bitten by fleas, itch mites, mosquitoes, or have an allergic reaction.
- How the bed bugs may have gotten into the home or business. If the infestation is small, knowing what the bed bugs may have traveled in to come into the home or apartment may provide the evidence needed to confirm if an infestation is present.
BED BUG TREATMENT SERVICES
Because of the time-intensive nature of bed bug treatments, we offer treatment services on a limited basis. We try to accommodate as many requests for treatment as possible. However, we will not take a job to treat or give the necessary time adequately.
The steps taken to eliminate bed bug infestations:
- Verify that an infestation exists.
- Determine the scope of the infestation – how extensive and how widespread it is.
- Determine, if possible, how the infestation started. Most companies do not care about this, but we have found that this aids in eliminating infestations much faster.
Develop a treatment strategy which may consist of:
- An intensive initial service to eliminate as many as possible as fast as possible
- Heat treatment
- Chemical treatment
- Monitoring devices during heat treatment and after. To learn more about our Bed Bug Monitors, click here.
- K9 detection
- A follow-up schedule to monitor the progress and make adjustments as necessary.
BED BUG DETECTION DOG SERVICES
ProActive Pest Management has a K-9 detection program. Our dog, Trooper, can do an initial inspection for bed bugs. We also use him for follow-up inspections to make sure any treatments were effective.
Having an inspection done by Trooper does not obligate you to use ProActive for your treatment service. You can use any company that you feel comfortable with. We give the same honest assessment regardless if we are providing treatment or not.
We drive an unmarked van when we visit you. We understand the importance of discretion when it comes to your business or property. There is no need to alarm anybody when we are visiting for a bed bug inspection or treatment. Do not hesitate to set up a consultation with us. Discretion is our middle name.
OUR MAINE SERVICE AREA
ProActive Pest Management primarily serves Hancock, Penobscot, Piscataquis, and Waldo counties in Central Maine. For specific projects, we can travel outside of this area. For service requiring follow-ups and return visits, those four counties are our primary service area.